Deven Jackson is a young boy from Shermansdale, Pennsylvania, who last year fought a battle with a rare form of Meningitis and won. As part of that battle Deven lost both of his feet. The community has come together to help Deven’s parents build him a handicap accessible home.
This home will:
- Be located on land already owned by Deven’s family
- Be placed in a trust for Deven
- Be hooked up to an existing well and septic
- Be totally handicap accessible and friendly
- Be built by volunteers
- Be built mostly by donated materials and funds
- Give a family hope for the future
- Allow Deven’s family to spend their time and resources on his rehabilitation
- Reflect the inspiration Deven has been to the community
We will break ground on Deven’s home in late May to June.
As of today the following companies have graciously offered materials, labor or both:
- Home Depot of Mechanicsburg- All roofing materials, discounts on all materials and coordination help***Complete Thank you Home Depot***
- Family Home Medical of Carlisle- Entire handicap bathroom for Deven, this includes sinks,flooring, shower, lighting etc.
- R. Lowe Excavating(Robert Lowe)- All excavation needed for home***Thank you Bobby and Joe***
- CSquared construction(Robert Hipmen) All labor for poured concrete walls and footers***Complete, Thank you Bob***
- Garman concrete(Derrick Garman) All concrete flatwork labor***Complete Thank you Derrick and Stacy***
- Remco(Rodney Reed)- All electrical materials and labor
- JGB Mechanical(Jared Blumenschein)- All labor for both HVAC and Plumbing
- Fishers roofing(Sam Fisher) All roofing labor
- Kelly Systems Inc. – All drywall materials
- Christian Lawyer Sollutions(Mark Allshouse)- Legal work and consultation
- Handyman Dan(Dan Weaver) Trim, framing, siding labor
- Burget & Associates(Joe Burget) Survey and Subdivision
- CPA Asphalt Services(Jimmy Griffith and Kevin Zakis) Paving of parking area
- Pennsy Supply- All concrete supplied ***Thank you Pennsy ***
- Amandas Pure and Simple and R.E Smith Fuel-Fuel for excavation***Complete, Thank you Amanda’s***
- S&T Insulation(Irv Turpin)- Insulation and gutters
- B and C fasteners- All nails for framing***Complete, Thank you B and C***
- Bui PC Cog- Building Permits***Thank you***
If you are intersted in helping or know someone or a company who would be interested, there are a few ways to help:
- Volunteer to help with the project. If you have a skill or want to be a general laborer we could use your help. If you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org listing your name, contact information and times you would be available over the next few months, we will contact you when we are scheduling activities.
- Donate materials for the build. We have set up a material list through Home Depot in Mechanicsburg Pa. Periodically we will be placing materials we are in need of on the this site. You can then do one of four things to donate:
- Send checks to: Deven Jackson Fund at the Bank of Landisburg, 5125 Spring Road, Shermansdale, PA 17090 (Checks to the Deven Jackson fund may be used for construction of the home or Deven’s ongoing medical expenses.)
- Send Home Depot gift cards to Deven Jackson at 16 Mill Road, Shermansdale Pa 17090.
- Choose items off of the list below(You can order as little as you like,example: you can order one 2×4) and call Home Depot at 717-795-9602 to purchase them. When you call ask for the Service Desk ext:440 and reference Deven Jackson or order number 4120-378421 . The person on duty will be able to help you. (If you have any trouble with this, please call Jared at Maverick homes 717-582-0048) Note** Items on list will be updated weekly, to order over the phone a credit card will be needed.
- Go to Home Depot in Mechanicsburg and purchase items on the list through the Pro Desk or Customer Service.
List of needed materials at this time
FRAMING MATERIALS**Completed, Thank you to all who donated***Next needed items are plumbing and Hvac supplies please contact Maverick for needed items, list will be updated soon
Thank you to all the volunteers, we have framing completed
As items start to be donated we will update the list and add the items that are needed next. Again we would like to thank the volunteers and anyone who donates either their time or materials